Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taseal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ems328i View Post
I have recently gotten a 2014 x35i and I have ordered a vgate icar pro and bought the Bimmercode app, but before I try my first bit of coding I just wanted to check the general consensus on this forum: is Bimmerlink also necessary to clear error codes? I read conflicting advice but I only have Android devices, and I'm not going to buy an iphone just to use Bimmerlink!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
You've heard conflicting stuff cuz it depends. Most error codes will reset by just shutting the car down for awhile. Some may not which require to be cleared. BimmerLink isn't the only option just the easiest. But as you said since you don't have apple products then not sure if the question cuz you can't download it anyway lol. Use esys or ISTA.
OK, I came to this thread to ask about this... I read in another thread you need bimmerlink to clear errors, and when looked on the play store (android) no such app is there...

so this is an apple only app? My kids have my old ipads, which I guess I could use... or borrow a phone from my parents I guess, but it's either that or esys?

Guess I'll see if I can get bimmerlink on the kid's ipads... they are like 1st or 2nd gen... I don't even know if it'll work lol
The app will work. It's free if you buy BimmerCode so just do it. Lol
Mav, are you saying bimmerlink is free if you buy BimmerCode?
Ya.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00