View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Another update: for anyone who experiences the same issue in the future.

I removed all the def from the car and refilled it with new def. Drove the car, and there was no change. Now, I am down to 80 miles before no start.

Procedure I used for draining: I drained the active tank (the one on passenger side of the car (left hand drive car)) by simply syphoning out the fluid. I used aquarium hose and pushed into the tank. Note: you will need about 3 feet of hose in the tank, so I would advise having about 6 ft of whose to begin with. Then I used shop vacuum to suck out some of the fluid. Once the fluid started coming out. I stopped the vacuum and let physics take over by simply allowing the syphon effect take over. I left it syphon overnight and got about 2+ gallons of fluid out.

For passive tank, it is super simple. Tank is located by fuel filter. You will need to remove the underbody shielding (2 left sections). After you do that, the tank will be exposed. (it's black wrapped in Styrofoam). Disconnect the hose from the bottom of the tank and let it drain. I got about 1 gallon of fluid from there.

After connecting the hose and putting panels back on, i refilled the def and went for a long drive. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. Same codes still came back. I am suspecting that it is either of following: Pre not, post nox or metering unit. The easiest thing to replace would be metering unit as it is accessible by simply taking off one panel. Replacement of other nox sensors is more involved.
Appreciate 4