View Single Post
      12-17-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Another update:
So, i reached out to two tuners to get an idea about tunes and what they can do: Malone and Stage FP (Bob from BPC). Malone never responded, even after reaching out to them twice.

Stage FP responded almost immediately. It was rather refreshing and unexpected to communicate with a shop in such way. Phill was super helpful and went into great detail of what to expect and what are my options. In short, he advised not to get a tune to get rid of the code if I was not planning on deleting SCR. Explanation was that leaving SCR in place, but disabling DEF and EGR, would cause SCR to clog up and cause even more issues. Deletion of cats is out of question for now, cuz I don't want the car to stink.

So... I downloaded ista+ and tried to reset the code by telling the car that def was changed. Ista instructed that the car needs to go to sleep, code would disappear and to drive the car for 1 hour. This morning code was still present, so I don't know why it didn't take. I am still planning on swapping out nox sensors. Screw it. It's potentially $650 down the drain, but at least I should have a piece of mind knowing that sensors are good. The only other thing that would be left to be replaced would be metering unit. Fingers crossed. I will keep this thread updates just for future reference if anyone else experiences this.

After further reading a potential cause of this issue could be actually bad DEF (even thou I used BMW adblue). DEF has limited shelf life. Always check the expiry date before using it. Even if DEF is sitting in the tank of your car, it can still go bad. Once it goes bad (ratio is off), it will wreck havoc on senors.

On the separate note: if you are planning on getting a tune, go with Stage FP. Phill was top notch. Tunes are developed by Bob, who build most (if not all) BPC tunes that made them famous.
Appreciate 4