Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizikeTSK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AychShake View Post
Yup, I remeasured the levels. I got it up to max but it ended up taking 1.75qt which is massive for only covering about 1700km
I think the top off/warning light goes off when it's a minimum 2 qt's low. I agree, I was around the same mileage range and after replacing pretty much all my gaskets/seals/plugs& coil packs/Turbo's it looks like I am getting much better mileage. It's been a few thousand miles since I had the coils,plugs and Turbo's replaced and no top off light yet. All the repairs were covered under warranty. I did a final inspection before CPO expired and gave them a laundry list of things that I complained about or wanted then to look at. Oil consumption was the main thing since I took ownership and well documented. I think the next thing they would have done was replace the whole engine, lol.
Ahhhhh crap. I'm really hoping I don't need to replace the turbos. I have a 3rd party warranty which covers them but only for $7,000 aud and I'm sure that's not going to be enough! Seals and gaskets aren't covered though so that's going to be fun.
Appreciate 0