Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
This is all sort of what I'm worried about. There was, and still is until a test drive, hope that the higher seating position makes it slightly better of a ride for her when in the car compared to my 440... But that might just be a pipe dream.

The X3M is hard to walk away from for a few reasons - the sakhir orange leather (as close as I can get to my fox red in the 440), gigantic sunroof panel, incredible amount of practicality compared to my coupe, and it's a 'full' M car instead of the slight step down of an M550 compared to an M5.

Thank you for the help, especially from a local NYC owner. The roads are shit near us on the UES, so that's sadly good to know.

Maybe happy wife, happy life is best here until I can afford multiple cars and can get something more insane for my daily fun?

Just wondering am I going to 'hate' a really good car in the M550 because it's not as raw or nimble as my 440? Because I'd hate to spend the $, and hate it.
What about an X5 M50i?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
This is all sort of what I'm worried about. There was, and still is until a test drive, hope that the higher seating position makes it slightly better of a ride for her when in the car compared to my 440... But that might just be a pipe dream.

The X3M is hard to walk away from for a few reasons - the sakhir orange leather (as close as I can get to my fox red in the 440), gigantic sunroof panel, incredible amount of practicality compared to my coupe, and it's a 'full' M car instead of the slight step down of an M550 compared to an M5.

Thank you for the help, especially from a local NYC owner. The roads are shit near us on the UES, so that's sadly good to know.

Maybe happy wife, happy life is best here until I can afford multiple cars and can get something more insane for my daily fun?

Just wondering am I going to 'hate' a really good car in the M550 because it's not as raw or nimble as my 440? Because I'd hate to spend the $, and hate it.
What about an X5 M50i?
I've thought about it, and actually built one tonight on BMWUSA.com. Pluses were the giant sunroof, tanzanite 2 blue paint, and the same big V8. I just couldn't seem to get myself really excited about it though compared to the other two. It feels (in my head, having never driven one) like what I'd want to get my wife for her daily driver that I'd enjoy using at times, instead of what I'd want for me that she occasionally uses, which is what this 440 replacement is meant to be as she stores her old 2009 Lexus on Long Island at my dads house for when she randomly needs or wants it.

Did you test drive the X5 M50i? Curious about your thoughts if you did, as I'm just making assumptions at this point.
I had an F15 X5 and went to the dealer to decide between an X5 M50i or X5M. The G05 platform felt huge and very heavy. When I test drove the X3M, I was sold.

I don't know if cost of parking is an issue for you but in NYC, garages consider the X5 to be oversized. Depending on the garage, the additional charge can be astronomical. My garage charges an extra $100 per month while my old garage in this financial district charged and extra $250 or month
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13122.00