View Single Post
      10-18-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
GeorgeDixon
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
I've seen this issue before but it wasn't because of "flaps" first thing I would say is code the car to keep the flaps open if that's what you want I've never been a fan of unplugging anything on cars just to disable when there's a much better way of doing so.

Next I would tell you to check your coil packs and spark plugs ASAP... you should also clear the codes within BM3 and just drive the car regular because I'm sure if you get on it heavy again the code will come back.

If your a hands on / mechanically inclined guy I say order these very parts and swap em yourself even though you have warranty. Nothing beats the piece of mind you get when you know it's done and done right.

But if you don't feel like doing any of that then feel free to go with your original option and flash back to stock and bring it in and have the dealer take care of it for you.

Hopefully I was able to help..🍻
Thanks for your reply. I unplugged the flaps before I bought BM3. I will plug them back in and code it open properly. That’s good advice.

If been doing some reading and it seems like the general consensus is plugs and coils - although this error can be many things. A bit confused that I had no codes though . I am fairly mechanically inclined so no issues doing it myself. Now when you say check the coils and plugs - what am I looking for?
Appreciate 0