View Single Post
      11-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #19
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Ah, yes...the bitchy "Use the search, ya f*ckin' a$$hole!" post. A timeless (and tiresome) classic.

Despite being a regular forum user and poster for a couple of years, I find the search functionality on Bimmerpost to be universally dismal. I've searched for well-focused terms like "F15 TPMS sensor lifespan" and gotten back a list whose top hits were helpful tips on how to troubleshoot a 135i convertible top, and what oil to use in an F85/86 if you live in Alaska. I kid you not. And I build software for a living, so I know whereof I speak when it comes to shitty software; I've built my share.

If someone submits a post that you find to be lazy or tedious or whose answer seems obvious to you, just shake your head a couple of times and be on your merry way. Or help them out, with a spirit of cooperation and the empathy that comes from the awareness that you didn't know your ass from a hole in the ground not too long ago, on one or more particular topics.

If on the other hand you go out of your way to scold or belittle them, I sincerely hope that someday soon the universe reciprocates your bitchiness. If there's any justice in the world, very soon someone will find your effort in some trivial endeavor to be unsatisfactory by some arbitrary criteria and will respond to your shortcomings by pissing in your soup or beverage when you're not looking. Or door-dinging your car. Or letting their dog shit on your lawn. You had it coming. Karma's a bitch, and so are you; it's only fair, Karen.
F15N554.50
mikado463468.00