12-01-2020, 11:15 AM   #19
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdirectory View Post
That is super helpful, thanks. I managed to find an independent bmw dealer who seemed a bit more reasonable on costs and they said with an hours diagnostics they should know the issue (£80). I think they will flush the system anyway. They will work on the car for an hour and then report back before continuing, seems fair so will give them a shot. If it looks like going to be expensive I will just pull the plug and do what you say, but hopefully by then I should know which part I need.

I may just get the ISTA+ anyway for future use.

I also looked in to and adblue delete, like you, not super comfortable with this idea as not sure what the long term effect might be on the DPF. If I can get it working again without silly money and still own the car in 3-4 years and it goes again I might be more inclined then!

I will report back what they find.
Good luck. You should download it anyways. It's good to have. You can also get a dongle for your phone and get an app bimmerlink. It allows you to read BMW specific codes etc. There are other similar apps out there (Carly is highly recommended as well), but this one works fine.

BTW. Here is the thread I mentioned earlier. In his case it turned out to be a metering unit and not NOX sensor.

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1453022

TBH, there are 4 things that could be wrong with emissions: 2 nox sensors, bad adblue, or metering unit. So, don't be afraid of it.
Appreciate 1