Thread: KW Suspensions
View Single Post
      08-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #2
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

You dont need edc delete kit if you have obd to usb cable and can do some coding... There was a coding guide i used to code adaptive suspension out. Basically code edc option to off status on some modules.
Other than that i had to unplug a few connectors in ecu box and that was it..
Saves around 300 eur or so. EDC cancellation kits arent always reliable. Sometimes they dont work. At least thats what i read.. They basically fool the computers that adaptive shocks are still there. Sometimes it works, sometimes you can still get errors. I think its better just to code them out.

And KW does have sales... often mark like bmw or audi based sale campains. They are often on sale in spring. I got mine during a spring sale when all v1,v2,v3 kits were discounted. V3 got the most off.. higher end product = bigger discount. I ended up paying 1800 eur for my kit including shipping. Thats without edc modules.

Because of such a large sales campain KW got a lot of orders and as i ordered mine at the end of that campain (end of may i think)i was way down on the order fulfillment list. So i had to wait for 2 months for the kit to arrive. Got them like at the end of july and installed at the beginning of august. That was a damn long wait.

Otherwise.. build quality is top notch... Adjustability is great, but takes time to set up to your liking. Prefer softer settings... Once set up i really dont play with the settings anymore.
Stabilizer bar link connection on shock body is made of thicker metal than stock so one of my links nuts came loose after a week of driving and made noise.. after tightening that its been great.

Kit does initally sag. About one year after install i raised ride height 5mm in the front and 10mm in the back to get ride height back where i wanted it. After that it has not sagged any more and keeps its height.
Also noticed that these kits have some run in period. They may feel stiff at first but mine seems to have softened a bit with time.
Im not talking about 1000km run-in. It takes longer.... 7000km or so maybe.