General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
I believe Ben was the one who told me about the differences and h&r spacer part numbers
I think that's where I heard it to that's why I directly asked him above in reply #530. I specifically asked him about the part #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoop405 View Post
I haven't installed spacers yet but I had the same issue in the past on a Quattro Audi. I doubt it is the balancing. It is probably the center bore of the spacer being slightly off. I have also had issues when the lug nuts were over tightened on the hub. Hopefully they didn't use a gun to put the bolts on.

Good luck getting it sorted out. It's super frustrating.
Appreciate the insight. The center bore on the spacer was dead on as it was so tight of a squeeze I had to use a rubber mallet to get to slide on the hub. Note I drove about 5 miles over to my buddies house to install so the bore was hot and therefore expanded a touch leading to the very tight fit. I think you might be on to something with the overtightening of the lug bolts. Wheels/tires were put on at Dicount tire so I imagine they used a gun and not a torque wrench. Also, when I picked that car up the back tires showed a PSI difference of 7 psi I think that shows how big of a hurry they were in thus they prob bolted through the balance. I called they will re-balance for free so I'll go by there tomorrow and we'll see. If it doesn't fix it, then I'll retightened the lugs myself and see. I'll report back fellas. Appreciate the help.
Is the vibration on all speed or only on certain speed?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0