Thread: CEL s 0751
View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 07:14 PM   #2
gabep
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

The two faults are not related. S 8411 just means that a call to a ConnectedDrive service couldn't be completed (e.g. because the car didn't have a good cellular connection or, way more likely, because some failure server side). S 0751 is a generic ISTA code for any permanent SAE fault, just calculate the measures plan and follow the instructions. The SAE fault clears after certain conditions are met within 3 driving cycles. The exception is if you clear the fault memory (i.e. S 0751) before the permanent SAE fault is healed, in that case the conditions to heal the fault have to be met in a single driving cycle. The first or second step in the measures plan for S 0751 should show you the specific SAE fault, search that in ISTA and it will point you to a specific support document with a specific list of healing conditions. A driving cycle for a combustion engine looks something like this:

1. awake control units (i.e. unlock the car or open the driver's door)
2. turn on ignition
3. run combustion engine, drive for at least 10 minutes, of which 5 have to be at 25 mph or more, and make sure the engine spends at least 30 seconds idling without interruption
4. stop the engine
5. let control units fall asleep (i.e. car entering rest state)

There may be other steps involved in the case of a 40e, so you may want to look up "driving cycle" in ISTA.
Appreciate 0