05-05-2022, 09:31 PM   #50
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNewb79 View Post
Thank you. I will look into.
Since you have already checked the ground straps and after looking into this a bit more, with the fault codes present I think you are on the right track into looking into the relays next. Then after that I would check the engine compartment distribution panel. With the short to ground faults, could be something melted here and shorting out.

So first up check your terminal 30 relays, the F85 appears to have two, one front located in the front fuse junction box and the rear located in (or near) the rear fuse panel.

If all of that checks out, there is another distribution panel to check in the engine compartment.

Pics and more info below.

I would also visually check out the power distribution junction located on the main battery. I have seen in the past people tapping these cables to run stereo equipment that can wreak havoc. Look for anything left over from the previous owner that doesn't look factory.

Also if you dont have access to BMW TIS, PM me, makes looking all this up much faster then waiting for ISTA to sift through the 10gig of data IMHO
Attached Images

Appreciate 1