View Single Post
      06-13-2022, 07:35 PM   #3
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

So here is my take on this, when pandemic started, I got this idea of getting same car but 3 years newer and with few options I do not currently have. Tried to search for 2017-2018 diesel with comfort seats (don't have right now), LED lights, driver assistance plus with adaptive cruise control (don't have ACC right now), cold weather, factory tow package, mocha leather under 50K miles. Found plenty of 50i or 35i in all sorts of configurations for sale (and keep in mind this was the time when gas was dirt cheap and car demand was low due to the pandemic), but as soon as I would select diesel that search would return 1-2 cars nationwide if that. I feel like most of the diesels were built to order and stayed in the hands of the original owners, and the diesel pool of the F15 was smaller to begin with. Never found anything worth the update and this was in spring of 2020, when many cars were returning to dealers after the lease. Right now finding diesel F15 with these options (not even talking mileage) in my opinion is nearly impossible. X5 was one of the last German diesel SUVs on the American market, MB stopped selling diesel version in 2017, VAG group started the dieselgate. Even you do find such a car I would expect a solid premium on the price because of current gas prices, extremely limited stock for diesel version and extensive list of features. This is not a car you can find on cars.com or autotrader in 3 clicks. Personally I think this is nearly impossible to find right now, so best of luck to you pal.
Appreciate 0