View Single Post
      02-26-2023, 08:51 AM   #47
yellow_boss
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 325xi, 2015 X5 35d

The new Bosch DEF Injector (SCR Metering Unit) arrived. I installed it, launched ISTA and the SCR exhaust emissions system test again. The first prompt from ISTA asked me to confirm the front NOx sensor was replaced. Which I did.

It ran through the 11-step check as in post#42 above and the "Step 11 - Evaluation" results were:

"The SCR system test ran trouble-free. However, there are fault memory entries for the SCR exhaust system. NOTiCE: Fault memories relating to the SCR system can be deleted by the vehicle once another test has been successfully carried out. If repairs have already been carried out on the SCR system, first perform a conditioning run in order to remedy the faults."

"Conditioning run" isn't really defined that I could see anywhere in ISTA but I assume that means to drive it. The follow-on instructions did state to "launch a diesel particulate filer regeneration and carry out a regeneration drive. Duration of approx 30 min at 60-120kmh constant driving speed unit the Check Control message goes out"

So, I reset the "SCR adjustments and adaptations - long-term adaption" and today I intend on launching a DPF regeneration in ISTA, "ABL - Diesel Particulate Filter: -Request Regeneration.", and commencing with the road run.

This 35d has not moved in almost 2-months because I only have 36kms/22mi left on the "INCORRECT FLUID: NO START" countdown. From what I've read I need 34kms/21mi for the reset to happen once I start the regeneration drive/conditioning run. There's no wiggle room for me at all! I expect the end result will either be the NO START countdown disappears and I'm good to go or the DDE will become locked/bricked after I shut it off and I'll need to hand my wallet over to the dealer to get if fixed!

I realize there's not too many recent posts besides my own in this thread but I'm trying to capture the process as I go just in case its helpful to someone else who ends up suffering through this.

Sunday drive on tap today......stay tuned

Last edited by yellow_boss; 02-27-2023 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0