03-10-2023, 06:55 AM   #10
hooked
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.Wolfson View Post
That's the way it works. The lawyers know the prosecutors. The town gets their $175 the lawyer gets their $200/hr, more if they have a few clients that night. And you are happy.

Sometimes prosecutors are lawyers or judges in other jurisdictions. You were not doing anything dangerous and fell into their trap! Let me guess. Sullivan County?
Warren County. Route 87 South. Bringing my youngest son home from a hockey tournament in Lake Placid.

I understand the ticket. I got caught breaking a law and got a fine. That part makes sense to me. It's the insurance points on "moving violations" that feels unjustified. I did not harm anyone, cause any damage or put anyone else at risk. I was not driving dangerously or even aggressively. The flow of traffic was averaging 75 in a 65. I made a pass to get myself into an open space to keep cruising home. Unlucky timing on my part but not something I should have to pay extra insurance for year after year. Give points to people that cause accidents/damage or put others at significant risk.
Appreciate 1