c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I just pay speeding tickets. BFD. My insurance company has never hit me with a surcharge. From 2017 until 2022 I was maxed out on points (and my state spots you 3 - LOL). My insurance agent told me directly the insurance company only cares about accidents their insured drivers cause. Points are a judgement the state places against your driving privileges. It probably varies from insurance company to company on the emphasis on point violations.
I am never doing anything egregious and rarely get tickets. However, I typically just pay them regardless of the insurance increase. For me to sit in court all day waiting for my turn on the chance I will be given a break when I wasn’t given a break to begin with costs me more than the fine and the temporary insurance increase, if it happens.

My last ticket was for not coming to a full and complete stop at a stop sign when I was making a right turn. It wasn’t as if I just drove without stopping. I did slow down, look to ensure it was clear etc and probably got to 0.5 mph but was slowly rolling. Cop was hiding in a driveway and got me. Fine with court costs was $55. Didn’t make sense to me to burn a day of vacation to plead my case.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17486.00