View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 12:31 PM   #1
NYNICX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Question 2018 Staggered Tires

Looking for some advice - please excuse the long narrative.
Now before anyone does a mental eye roll - I am a single female & am looking for tire advice as the dealership wants me to replace a tire (25% tread on the rear driver side tire) 🛞 and I don’t want to be taken to the cleaners.

I currently have stock Continental ContiSportContact 5-SSR
Front 275/40R20
Rear 315/35R20

Instead of replacing just the one tire, I want to switch them out to an all season Run Flats… yes it has to be a run flat, as being it’s a staggered set I can’t tote around two tires ‘just in case’ (mind u I got a nail 2 times in the span of 3 weeks) and sorry I don’t know how to change a tire. Why do I want all season / all weather (whatever they’re called) is because I’m peeling through tread with the cold weather & have the same scenario in the summer if I buy winter tires & no I do not have a place to store them so buying two sets is off the table. Plus it drives like 💩 in the snow with the current tires.

I was told that no company makes AS RF’s in my size.. well after some digging I found a company that does but never heard of it - I "think" it would fit everything matches up the same (size obviously, tread depth 10/32, load range SL & index 106 front & 110 rear, speed ratio is W, diameter 28.7) which I THINK matches everything the Conti’s are.

But I just don't know the brand - Lexani - a sub of Nexen…

Does know anything about them or are they garbage?
It’s the Lexani RFX Plus
https://lexanitires.com/en/rfx-plus
Appreciate 0