05-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #51
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Congrats on the new setup. Clean? Certainly. Classy? Unfortunately I have to agree with the others on this thread. Clean and sporty maybe? Anyways...

I believe someone with an X5M had a similar choice of wheels and I didn't think it was a good fit. I believe they were swapped out for something else shortly after. Tried looking for the photos, but couldn't find them.

The F15 X5/X5M is hard to find suitable aftermarket wheels for, which is why I think most people tend to stick to OEM.

As a suggestion, I think upgrading to the LED headlights would make the front end look much meaner.
I don't mind being different from the crowd, and in my opinion, some of the OEM wheels looks too busy, nice but not classy. Other OEM wheels are plain boring, and only some of them looks nice on the X5.
Then add to it, the price and weight of the OEM wheels, compared to some forged aftermarket options, and sticking with OEM does not seem as interesting anymore. (not that this is a race car, I just have experience with switching between heavy wheels and lightweight wheels on the same vehicle. On a smaller car, you can definitely notice a big difference, so I'm judgmental against heavy wheels, even if less impact on a vehicle like the X5)
If OP had had black wheels, I would never have agreed with the classy sentiment, but with the silver, I'm of the opinion it looks classy, and very clean too!
Appreciate 3
dubsesd6337.00
P111572.00
Russmov1328.00