View Single Post
      05-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #180
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Reading the first post, I really didn't get the purpose of it, but nevertheless it's an interesting thread. I think everyone has their interests and decides where they want to spend their money on. I'm not really into expensive watches replicas or bling per se. I'm not sure of the connection between BMWs and expensive watches either other than people with money expressing their interest in other expensive things they buy. For me I'm more of a Casio Pathfinder watch guy for day to day wear and most of the time I don't even wear a watch anymore. I prefer to spend my money on other things like a vacation home, motorcycle, in home theater etc, so watches really aren't at the top of my list.

As for real vs. fake, I've never been the type of person to buy a fake of anything. Would I consider a less expensive alternative considering it does the same job for half the money? Yes. And maybe that's the point with the BMW / watch connection. Most people can't even afford a BMW let alone the watches being discussed. It's all about putting on airs and showing people how awesome, or wealthy you are. Kind of like how big a diamond or how big a boob job is for your wife. It doesn't add to the character or substance of the person. With that said, there's nothing wrong with working hard and enjoying the fruits of your labor by buying nice things.
Appreciate 0