View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 12:56 PM   #53
goldfishtube
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5

Goldfish tube

Finally unclogged the front drain on my 2018 x5. Everytime it rained I was getting stressed out about water overflowing into the cabin.

Tried using grass trimmer/weed wacker plastic wire but I wasn't able to insert more than a foot or two and at that point . to paraphrase someone else here, "it was like pushing a wet noodle up a hill."

Avoided the bleach, etc route for fear of the vapors/smell staying in the cabin and having to breathe it. Did try puring concentrated windshield wiper fluid in the drain to try to break up the clog. Didn'y work but it might've helped break down some of the clog?

Order the tube that one of the other poster suggested. the 5/8 inner dimension, 3/4" outer dimension I ordered was way to big to fit. Happened to have some plastic tubing used in goldfish aquariums to aerate the tank, inserted about a foot or so into the front right drain hole and blew through the tube using my mouth for a few times. Water drained and I confirmed that it was coming out around the wheel well. (guessing this was safer than using compressed air? which some posters suggested could dislodge the tubing system and create another issue?) Gonna keep the small tube in my trunk whenever I see the drain is clogged again.

Kudos to all the posts here to help fix this issue (still a little bit of a headscratcher that this is an issue to begin with on such a $$$ car)
Appreciate 0