BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi767 View Post
I've been searching for hours and can't find any reliable information regarding programming a used key fob to my 2015 F15 X5.

Long story short - 1 of my keys was lost (but not the actual metal key, just the remote fob), and I was given an old fob leftover from a friends X5 (he found well after it was turned back into dealer).

I tried the method of holding the fob up to the key signal on the steering column, but that doesn't seem to work. The amount of disinformation out there regarding BMW keys is staggering. I'm hesitant to call the dealership because here in LA they're just angry assholes who will tell me I should not have a used key, and they'll program it for me for the cost of my firstborn.

Does anyone know:

A: How to wipe my old key so someone doesn't find it / use it to break into my car?

B: Program this used key to my car?

Any help is appreciated!
A. INSTA + to delete old one
B. It can't be done on a used key - must be brand new from the factory
2015 F15 X5 xDrive50i - M Sport - Space Grey Metallic - 21" 612M - Accelera Iota ST68's - Black Dakota - Leather Dash - Poplar Wood - Ceramic - Shawdowline - Anthracite - Adaptive M - Full LED - Executive - DA+ - Surround - HUD - Enhanced BT - Soft Close - B&O - ACC Stop & Go - Multi Contour - 4 Zone Climate - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather - Muffler Delete - Akrapovic Tips - F85 Grille - 35% Tint - BMW All Weather Mats -- Missing DHP, NV, Active Steering, Rear Entertainment, & Cooled Seats
Appreciate 1
maDjzo861.50