View Single Post
      11-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #6
emrliquidlife
Private
Rep
Drives: old f150, x4 hers

Boca Vista Phase 2 complete.

Earthquake SWS thin mount subs are in.

Difference from the stock hifi subs is night and day. It's a BIG step up in lower end musicality. But realize this is really a woofer. If you use words like, "thumps, banging, bomb, hitten," this upgrade is of no interest to you. If you listen to songs that start with yo or the artist mentions himself in his song, just skip this upgrade. Save yourself the money on expensive shallow mount woofers and go directly to the subwoofer route. If you are considering audio products from taramps or skar, you need multiple large subwoofers.

My earthquake SWS are certainly louder. But I'm yet to receive a tune file from Bimmertech. So at this time it sounds miserable.

Tips. The carpet is once again very forgiving. Peel it back as much as you dare. The stock woofer/waffle cover that bolts in with the basket was going to make contact if I mounted it as stock. So I bolted in the basket, then set the waffle cover on top of the 4 bolt heads. I put up two pictures that show what I'm talking about. Notice the difference in clearance from the foam surround to the waffle cover. This gave me the needed clearance so my sws foam surround wouldn't make contact with the waffle cover. The red stripes wires on both sides are your positive leads.

Busted/bleeding knuckles - 0
Contortion factor - 3
Complexity - 3 (freaking plastic torx bolt covers and waffle covers.
Extra parts count - 0
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///d1822.00