cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Amazing that this still occurs! When I entered law school in 1967 my class of 165 students had 6 (yes...six) women. By 1973 it was 20% and by 1980 it was 50/50. But we are now 38 years past 1980 and we still see men treating women as second class citizens.

I hope you wrote to Lexus corporate to let them know that they lost a sale, and a potential life customer, because the dealership sales people treated you as a chattel.

Interestingly, there was an incident a number of years ago involving a dealership in my market where there was discrimination occurring. Since then the dealership has changed hands but I still find myself battling an inherent attitude against not only that dealership but also the auto company involved. I know that this is not right as I have no reason to believe that the auto company knew of or tolerated the dealership actions but feelings are as strong in many respects as facts. My point is that dealerships may be independently owned but they remain a reflection of their franchisers and the franchisers need to hold the franchisees accountable.

It is sad but unfortunately true that this type of attitude continues to exist. Good for you for walking out!
I'm actually happy the guy was a jerk. I went to BMW and never looked back. That was 19 years and 7 BMWs ago. I'm not one to complain to corporate, just telling him I bought the BMW all by myself was enough for me. The funny thing is, when my sweetie goes car shopping, I tag along. He decides what he wants and then tells the salesperson to talk to me - I'm the closer.
Appreciate 0