01-04-2019, 08:19 AM   #53
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Amazing that this still occurs! When I entered law school in 1967 my class of 165 students had 6 (yes...six) women. By 1973 it was 20% and by 1980 it was 50/50. But we are now 38 years past 1980 and we still see men treating women as second class citizens.

I hope you wrote to Lexus corporate to let them know that they lost a sale, and a potential life customer, because the dealership sales people treated you as a chattel.

Interestingly, there was an incident a number of years ago involving a dealership in my market where there was discrimination occurring. Since then the dealership has changed hands but I still find myself battling an inherent attitude against not only that dealership but also the auto company involved. I know that this is not right as I have no reason to believe that the auto company knew of or tolerated the dealership actions but feelings are as strong in many respects as facts. My point is that dealerships may be independently owned but they remain a reflection of their franchisers and the franchisers need to hold the franchisees accountable.

It is sad but unfortunately true that this type of attitude continues to exist. Good for you for walking out!
I'll echo what someone posted above. Car sales is bottom of the tottom pole job now. I never see older guys in sales anymore, especially at the BMW dealers. These genius don't even know their product line. Act totally aloof when I talk about trims of the F8x, act like the m5 is a fuckin RR phantom. LOL a loaded chevy tahoe runs about 80k now so in all seriousness and M5 ain't that special $$$ wise.

The guy who knows most about cars and the BMW line is the lot attendant. I end up shooting the breeze with this guy than a CA. I've been to other dealers such as BMW Morristown and the sales manager was pretty cool, offered to order me a car, knew of the individual paint that was free near end of productions; offered to see if he could swap. This guy wanted to make the sale. He is probably very succesfull.

Alas there are two types of dealerships:

Volume based- usually have good client relationships and excellents CAs as their business relies on volume and repeat purchases. Will discount heavily to play long game of incentives from BMW.
Stealerships--> Charge MSRP, or damn near close to it. Knock off the incentives and claim they are taking 3k off the price Princeton BMW I found wont budge on sales numbers. Like not a penny off MSRP, on a simple f8x order or m5 order. Come on now- these aint GT3s. These guys get no allocations but do sell cars in my area. Sell 5 m3s at 1k profit. or sell 1 M3 at 5k profit. Same difference; but I bet the volume based- is making a shit load more on sales goals- which leads to more allocations and overall a better experience for everyone involved. The people at Princeton probably hate their jobs since management is so stiff and is hard to deal, if you can't baragin
Appreciate 0