12-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #97
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silververtu View Post
Great review!

How about the sound in cabin in terms of scale 1 to 10? Any drones on hwy speed while you are doing 60-80mph in comfort mode?

I am so looking forward to do this mod but my car is still at the dealership waiting to be fixed.
All my opinion, so YMMV
Sound in cabin previously was about 2 (on scale 1 to 10) from exhaust standpoint and now it's about 5-6 on average - so yes it's louder. However, I noticed that it's very easy to drive gently and in that case you don't attract attention at all - sound in cabin will be about 3 or 4 at the most. It's mostly when you step on gas pedal when beast wakes up to 6. If you WOT - it's about 7-8 for sure (I reserved 9 and 10 for catless downpipes - they will be a lot louder no doubt). Drone is largely eliminated by resonators still intact - the beauty of this mod I guess. However, there is some drone from time to time - it's not a usual drone, but more a deep bass drone that is hardly noticeable, but it's there sometimes. It's not present all the time, maybe it's not even a drone itself, but just a louder exhaust that is now more audible in cabin - and maybe that's what I'm describing as drone. I'm still not sure completely, I need to drive car more when I get back to test it at 60-80mph highway constant driving speeds. I know for sure that it haven't given me a headache and I'm sensitive person to that. I get headaches from exhausts that are loud but not deep - like Honda fart can exhaust and similar. This mod gets you very compose, but deep sound - and it may register as loud sometimes, but never as something that you want to not hear, in fact it makes you want to hear it more

Last edited by DuSh; 12-18-2017 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 2