View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #3463
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Those are two favorites of mine, for sure; I haven't bought a bottle of plain 10yo Laphroaig since I discovered the cask strength. The regular Quarter Cask is also very nice, especially for the price (the only cask strength QC that I know of is the 'brown' 2017 Cairdeas bottling, still on the shelves here). Lagavulin 16 is the king of the Isla's, but a bit softer and more rounded, same for the 15/18yo's from Laphroaig; you may like the 8yo Lagavulin as much, being a bit 'hotter' and young, and about half the cost. Also try the Bruichladdich heavily peated versions (Port Charlotte is a current fav) and Ardbeg, especially the Corryreckan. Anything "non-chill-filtered" will be an improvement in flavor, that will be listed someplace on the package but not always emphasized. There are also port- or sherry-finished versions of Ardbeg and Laphroaig if you like that effect. And FWIW I see a LOT of price variability across state lines, so if you are near a border go online and check; I usually save $6-10 a bottle in VT or CT on the Ardbeg and Laphroaig - haven't actually FILLED my trunk, but I do buy by the case so I'm on a very friendly basis with the owner of the little package store I shop at.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00