United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
Got it working... After all I think Mr.47 was right... The system is "stupid" and only one the passenger's side level sensor engages the pump to inflate. So I manually adjusted passenger's sensor to the highest setting forcing it to deflate this side completely. Once it got low and in level with the drivers side I attached the sensor back to its original position, pump engaged and inflated BOTH sides equally to the normal level. So it looks like driver's side sensor just controls the valve for this side and the passenger's sensor controls both the valve and the pump. I'm not sure if it's designed like that and if my system operates correctly but I'm pretty sure both sensor are functional. Also both sensors are identical, same part number.
I wish somebody with air suspension could repeat my test to verify that driver's side sensor doesn't engage the pump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.47 View Post
If I recall the rear air suspension is a dumb/non-adaptive suspension, all it does is just keep it straight ie level and maintain a specific pressure in the air suspension bellow, even if you have DHP, (which DHP uses a rear sway bar that has electric counter-torsion motor to mitigate body roll).

All 4 wheels has level sensor for (even the front axles), reasons why it only works on passenger side is probally uses one sensor to detect level. The air suspension its just for level purpose and nothing else (not for comfort or performance gains)
I may need to try this as I've lost all air just in my driver side as well when I had the car jacked at the front for two days.

Just to confirm I'm assuming you simply unbolted the bottom bolt of the sensor arm and pulled the arm all the way down to make the car think it was too high and held it there till it totally deflated and then simply reattached the bolt and they both reinflated?

Was the car running? Did you have the wheel on or off? I'm a bigger guy so I don't have a ton of room under there as it is. I won't be able to fit if the back end is fully deflated lol.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0