View Single Post
      09-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #55
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Interesting posts. They completely conflict with what I've learned in the past two days. Here's what I learned first hand:

A bulletin just came out yesterday for the dealerships that shows the part numbers for the winter tire sets for these vehicles is the same as last season (spring), and will be available for purchase in the next few weeks. ETK shows the part numbers for the rims alone used in making these sets as being:

front: 36-11-2-284-654 (only for winter tires)
rear:36-11-2-284-655 (only for winter tires)

Part numbers for the whole package being:

front: 36-11-2-365-424
rear: 36-11-2-365-425

The BMW ETK system lists two part numbers, and types for the 611M rim, the same style rim used in making these sets. One is listed as "only for winter tires," and the other as two toned (polished faces, grey background). One style of this rim, assumable to be the dark grey, is listed as "only for winter tires."

As of a few weeks ago, a warehouse in Germany had a stockpile of the dark grey 611M rims. I was asked by my parts guy if I wanted to pay the expense of ordering just the dark grey rims, and put my own tires on them, or if I wanted to wait and see if BMW used them in these year's winter tire sets. I elected to wait for the bulletin for this season's winter tire packages to come out, which is the one I mentioned in the beginning of this post.

My parts guy is ordering me a set as soon as they are available to be ordered, which should be end of this month.
Appreciate 0