04-26-2023, 05:32 PM   #39
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdave View Post
… Unfortunately I likely need to make this FTM to TPMS switch to import my car into the US, which doesn’t seem to allow indirect TPMS anymore.
I’m not sure if you asked this on another forum or post (only saying because I posted this same info below in that thread)…but I have a 2015 f06 650ix GC that was imported from Canada…and it still has the FTM (indirect system)…and has an approved import sticker. I also just purchased new tires when I swapped out my old winter tires (which have the sensors since they were used on my 2013 f06 650ix GC) and mounted the summer wheels that don’t have the sensors.

I informed the tire installer that the wheels didn’t require sensors….and they never batted an eye…installed new valve stems & mounted the new tires on the old wheels. Performed the simple iDrive reset…all 4 wheels showed green…all good/no problems.

Not saying you don’t need the TPM system…just putting it out there that it doesn’t appear to be an issue for import and probably the indirect (RPA/FTM) or direct (RDC/TPM) system will meet approval.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0