hhallinan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
2015 M5  [0.00]
Constant Steering Correction Required to Stay in Traffic Lane

I'm new to here and hope I'm in the right place, sorry if i'm not.

The moment I drove my 16 x5 with M package off the lot I was away I had to constantly make very slight tweaks to keep the car in my lane of traffic. 4000 miles later and four times back to the shop and i'm told there's nothing wrong with the car! The car is currently in the shop and was driven by the shop foreman and a visiting engineer from BMW, or so i'm told. Originally I thought it might have been the RFT but it seems more probable it the EPS.

I travel the same stretch of highway everyday and have done so in my 05 - 745i my 09 - 750iL my 11 - X5, my wife's 13 - 328i her new 16 - 328i and the 16 - x3 loner. None of them exhibit the same problem keeping the car in the lane of travel. My X5 you only need to take a fleeting glance at the GPS or glance down to pick up your coffee and your over the line. On two recent road trips my forearm was aching from the fatigue of constant course correcting.

At speeds over 100 MPH it's sleight up hair raising. The only post I found was from 2011 where a 5 series was having a similar issue and EPS was thought to be the issue. I know the X5 M has "M tuned" programmed for the steering. I'm I the only one with this issue? I really hope not!
Appreciate 0