vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Oh man, I'm not even remotely from Buffalo and it hurts, and that leading to 4 freaking straight SB losses, boy do the Football Gods not like you guys!
It comes with the team when you're a fan. I spent a lot of my childhood living a mile from the stadium, and my school bus used to pass it every day. As an adult, I used to be a season ticket holder and drive the 400 miles each way to attend games.

Quote:
Was it really a choke though, and who exactly? I definitely don't fault the poor kicker. Man... They even made a movie about it, one of my faves, Buffalo '66.
Scott Norwood was the kicker. Buffalo threw a huge party for the team after the loss, and Norwood received nothing but praise and support from the fans and team. The Bills Mafia is forgiving.

The movie was really "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective," but they substituted Dan Marino as the holder and the Miami Dolphins (the biggest Bills rival at the time).

Quote:
That's probably the reason I'm a honorary Bills fan. They gotta win one. Josh Allen's the real deal, almost had it last yr if their D didn't crap the bed. Their 1st game was a statement, even w all the kinks they destroyed the champs. GL this season.
The Bills were the betting favorite to win the Superbowl this year as the season started. It would be sweet for them to win it while Marv Levy is still alive (head coach for the SB losses and now 97 years old), just so that he can see the trophy finally come to Buffalo.....