joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I'm going to experience PTSD as I recall my worst football (american football) memories....you will notice a theme here: Vikings losing in the NFC Championship

1. 1998 NFC Championship between the Vikings and Falcons-- Gary Anderson misses a field goal from 39 yards and he had not missed a field goal in 2 full seasons. The Falcons tie the game on their next possession, then the Vikes decide to kneel and run out the clock with 50 seconds left to send the game to overtime where they lose.
2. 2009 NFC Championship game between the Vikings and the Saints-- during our final drive in regulation where the game was tied, Brett Favre threw an interception while the Vikes were pretty much in range for a long field goal-- the game ended up going to overtime where the Saints won
3. 2001 NFC Championship game between the Vikings and Giants-- got smoked 41 to 0
4. 2017 NFC Championship game between the Vikings and Eagles-- Eagles won 38 to 7-- this is coming a week later after the Minneapolis miracle TD to Stefon Diggs. We then had to watch the Eagles win the superbowl in our home stadium

If my dad were to respond to this post his 1 through 4 would be the Vikings 4 superbowl losses in the 70's before my time.
Wow! Thanks for sharing this! I really appreciate as this is history made.

But still Vikings on the go regardless of what!

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2081.00