View Single Post
      09-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #39
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
i have a 7 that i bought on launch, and it's getting old. at least the battery is.
upgrading though I have my doubts, i don't feel like dropping $1k on a phone (Xs), and the Xr is a larger phone even though it is cheaper; i dont like big phones

basically at this point i dont think i'll upgrade, and if i do i'll have to suck up the price tag and get the "smaller" and better Xs...
I went from a 6s to the X. I too like smaller phones and will always miss my IP4. I have to say though, the X with its screen pushed out to the edges of the phone has a significantly larger display area than the 6s my wife still has, though the outer dimensions/form factor are nearly identical. For $749 for the X, I think that's a good next step for anyone with an ailing, ageing, 6 or 7.

I try to refresh my phones on a 2 year cycle. The new stuff comes out when I'm mid-way through the cycle. I wait a year and pick it up on discount. So my next phone will likely be one of the new ones that was released this week, but one year from now when they are on fire sale.
Appreciate 0