View Single Post
      04-16-2020, 09:14 AM   #7
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
While not siding with either here, I do find it funny how righteous people are getting about people who are not respecting the pandemic.

Many who were probably alive and "of age" in 2009 when the H1N1 pandemic came through and were busy living their best lives. Most remember the name, but not much else about it. I was dating a ER provider at the time so I got a little more taste of it and she slept in another room from me and all that, but I didn't worry much about it either. Her and her nurse even went as "H1/N1" for Halloween that year.

Yes this is not the same, yada, yada. That is not the point. My point is why did we ignore than one like nothing was happening. Like did ZERO different yet this one people are wishing death on anyone that speaks to their neighbors. Written sarcastically of course......

I'm not wanting to debate the differences here - just why are people SO different about this one. Human actions fascinate me sometimes and I always wonder why.

If one year we tracked the yearly flu spread with red dots and deaths counts - do you think we would see this kind of reaction as well? I almost think we would, but I don't know?

It is fascinating to me. Like how TP became the one thing people horded. Would that have happened without the news/social media reporting it?

Sorry, rabbit holes caught me on the reg. When I talk to people one on one they seem to find the same things strange, yet as a whole we must be all doing it for it to get to this point. Don't worry - I'm not a tin foil hate Alex Jones guy....I just find human actions interesting.