07-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #15
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejholt View Post
Do you think changing out the amp would help? The mids and bass aren't curling it for me. For a $4000 upgrade, I expected so much more.

What EQ Settings have you found to produce the best results for your needs? Do you play it in the Studio setting?

I plan to adjust those next to see if I can get anything else out of the system. All I have done thus far is adjust the tone and moved the treble and bass to max.
It is in my 50i and I had to set it to broadest setting in the B&O for the most spacial sound and the low ends about 3/4 of the way up and then the mids and highs progressively lower ending at about 1/2 way up for the lows.

Others have swapped out to the BSW system (iirc) and I have not heard complaints but I also have not heard their set up yet. It never bothered me enough that I wanted to change out anything but it was something I noticed on premium system option. At these prices you should be able to customize the audio to almost any setting where it suits the listener without compromising quality. Especially in the Q7. For $6300 I expected a little more punch than what it offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldpages View Post
I'm curious how the new Bowers & Wilkins in the 7/5 series compares to both the B&O and Burmester. I have not had a chance to listen to it in person.
The best factory system I have heard yet is the 1700w Meridian system found in the RRSC/AB. I am not sure if it is because the interior is so solid or if the system is just that good but it is impressive. Second place is in the XC90 Inscription. For the price and the sound quality you get (when the panels are not rattling) is amazing. I could not tell the difference between the Burmester upgrade in the MB over the B&O upgrade in the MB. They both sounded very good without issue.
Appreciate 1
ejholt67.50