03-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5nyc View Post
i have that too, can i use that or do i have to buy those ob2 scanners like the mechanics?
Are you saying you purchased the BimmerLink app and have never opened/used it and connected to your car to pull errors? If not, just curious why you purchased the app if not to use it for diagnostic?

As mentioned already, the Bimmercode app is for coding (changing operational perameters) of your cars features & options.

The Bimmerlink app is for checking and pulling error codes...as well as some reset procedures like when working on your brakes or registering your car's battery.

You can always go back to either app's website if you need more information as to what they are capable of doing.

OBD II scanner/readers (the generic type) are for pulling codes that are registered by your car's emissions system which complies with the federal OBD II mandate of 1996. These codes are indicated by the CEL/SES/MIL (check engine light/service engine soon/malfunction indicator light) warning light illuminating. There are also diagnostic scanner/readers that will pull/read OBD II codes as well as MFG error codes, too (like the Bimmerlink app).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-04-2022 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0