View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 09:14 PM   #43
DrVirz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 15 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
I doubt that's the issue, as when I saw a mate have it miss aligned. The engine simply would not start. But to check, you would need to drop the gearbox.
  • Did you end up getting a cheap oscilloscope? Because you maybe able to see if TDC from the crank and bank 1 (piston 1) line up. or is there a way to view this in ISTA/other tools?
  • Did you end up getting a proper compression tester?
  • What about pulling the plugs(injectors, coils) on the knocking cylinders. To see how it runs with them off.
  • Given everything replaced, whats the current list of issues/errors.

Maybe***
If reading correct, The error is only on 1 bank. If TDC from crank and cylinder 1 line up, maybe swap over the cam gears between banks?
I haven't got an oscilloscope yet, it's on the list if all else fails.

I did get a compression tester that screws into plug thread, reading about 165 across all 8, so a bit low but definitely enough compression for the motor to run.

I tried pulling the plugs on coils and injectors on cyl 2 and 4. This made little (if any) difference, hard to tell but I'd say no different. Therefore I think it's a safe assumption that cyl 2 and 4 aren't combusting. They definitely have spark as I tested this a while back. If the flex plate is damaged like previously discussed, will the crank angle sensor tell DME to cut fuel to affected cyls?

In a nutshell, there are no ISTA errors/codes now. The car idles rough (seems to be missing), particularly at approx 900rpm. Higher in the rev range it isn't as bad.
Appreciate 0