11-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #163
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
My vote goes to JLC as well. I don't own one yet but I have my eyes set on a Master Control Chronograph. Gotta sell the GMT first.
Have you considered the JLC Reverso Duo? Not only does it offer dual time functionality, but if you set both sides of the watch to the same timezone, it's essentially two excellent, seminal watches, in one case. The two sides look different and it can be had on a bracelet or strap (black or brown are standard). It comes in a few sizes. The Reverso was and continues to be sports watch and thus carries the durability of such a thing. Styling wise, it stradles the line between what we today think of as dressy and sporty, whereas the Rolex GMT Master II is always a sport watch.

JLC's watch that is more like the GMT Master II is the Squadra Hometime which features and exhibition back, something one doesn't see on Rolexes as their movements are nothing to look at.

Price wise, all the JLC models are competitive with their Rolex counterparts, most often being a bit less expensive, while offering more "stuff" for the buck.

I'm not down on Rolex, I'm just more "up" on JLC, and especially when it comes to a dual timezone capability watch. The bracelet version offers the greatest flexibility style wise -- working for dress as well as casual -- because the bracelet looks, well, like a bracelet, and can thus be worn just like one in both casual and dress situations. With a brown strap, the watch is fine for anything but formal wear, unless one happens to wear dark chocolate brown-ish black, custom made (because there isn't such a thing offered off the rack...LOL) tuxedos.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0