12-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #176
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
i'm far from a watch aficionado, but i can't help but to buy Invictas...

their bulky designs and details in the cases make me feel a kind of way....

these 3 watches are the only watches i have purchased since 1998....

again, i'm no watch expert but i really enjoy the Invicta line...

in order of appearence: Bolt, Venom, Bolt Zeus

Invicta make some fairly unique designs and they certainly have the "bling factor" well covered. I've seen the Zeus in a tri-color variant. It was a design disaster: too many colors on a watch that already has a log going on. The pink color you bought is far better.

My personal taste for "bling" is a bit more subtle and smaller. I think once the holiday and my son's college choice becomes more clear, I'm going to bite the bullet and buy this one. It's pretty unique among watches of its ilk in that all the "good stuff" is on the front of the watch. VC make a watch that is in the same vein, but the pictures are on the rear of the watch, so you have to take it off to enjoy the functionality. I've loved the Caligula's elegant main design, its outrageousness and its subtlety for some time now and having no novelty watches at all, it's the one I want even though it's not in-house. (NSFW - http://www.watchonista.com/2914/watc...%80%99s-behind)

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0