United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by menelaos View Post
Not sure if it matters at this point, but I think you should have kept the KWs on there.
It makes the car stand out for the "non-average Joe".

Parting out reduces the "saleability" in both cases...you make less by selling them individually as used, plus you reduce the value of the vehicle in an already saturated car/X5 market.....not to mention you incur installation/un-installation costs.

As to issue at hand, it really makes no sense unless they got damaged upon removal. I had Eibachs installed the past couple of days, and shop was describing the tedious process it had to go through to do it.
Can't imagine having to do it again, as you did.

if you have issues with any of the springs, please pm.
I could ship you one or two if faulty.
It's really not that bad installing springs. Especially if you got air bags. Just have to remove like 5 bolts and a couple sensors and then the spring from the perch and swap and put back together. Biggest pain especially if you have a lot of miles and live in the salt belt is getting the wishbone separated with corrosion built up. That could suck. But just swapping fronts is a couple hour job max. Couple good videos on YouTube. And a great DIY on here from just last month.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0