View Single Post
      02-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #17
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
There's always concern with no noname replica rims, but this is the deal: more risk for less money or less risk for more money? Choose your poison. Funny but this same principle applies to almost everything starting with the car brand choice as well: some may choose more safer Volvo car, but some will "risk" and buy BMW (arguably not as safe as Volvo) in order to have more driving pleasure

Replica rims made in Italy may be as good as OEM, but then again how do we know we are sold quality product? Ebay sellers don't show us certificates, we have to believe them based on their reputation lol. The only other alternative is to buy oem or like you said famous brand name like Vossen. Tho even they are not 100% defect free

For me personally, experience with those replica rims were only positive, but I'm a science guy and I know what to expect from replica vs OEM - if you lets say hit the curb: oem rims may bend but will remain structural integrity, while replica rims may brake into several pieces - so don't hit the curb
If you hit a curb that hard any rim will fail, including OEM. And oem are not 100% defeat free either...

The way most X5 are driven having the highest quality rims is not essential. If you are tracking the car and pushing the limits having quality rims is essential.
DuSh2113.50