View Single Post
      02-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #7
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubs61 View Post
Kzang, Love your rig and decided to replicate it as my 550ix lease is expiring. The question I have is about power. I have always had V8's with my last several BMW's and didn't want to fork out the money for the 5.0.

If you could only purchase one, would you add the Dinan Stage 1 or the MPPK to increase the torque and exhaust sound as you noted in other threads.

How noticeable is stacking them like you did? need to clear my head on this so that one it comes in I know my moves. Thanks
I'm sure Kzang and I would agree that if we had to pick just one it would be the MPPK. MPPK not only adds more peak horsepower it also changes the way the car drives. Throttle is more sensitive and it seems the transmission also hold gears longer. The overall driving experience is enhanced not just peak power.

I would do what Kzang did and add MPPK first, then stack it with the Racechip. No need for Dinan my opinion. All piggybacks will yield similar gains as they are all tricking the same sensors around the engine.

One advice though is go test drive a 35i first before you write off the 50i. I too came from a F10 550i to a 35i X5 and the one area where i felt my 35i X5 was lacking was highway acceleration even with MPPK. Local driving the 35i MPPK stacked setup is pretty quick. Doesn't feel underpowered at all and quite sporty but once you are on the highway and need to mash the pedal to pass its no where near 550 acceleration. Not even close. Just something to keep in mind.

Alan