tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmega4 View Post
In the Market for my first watch..

Really like the look of the Omega Watches... Not a watch enthusiast by any means but would like a good quality piece.

Omega seems to fit the bill.

I really like the Rolex Daytona as well but its price tag keeps me from pulling the trigger.. don't think I could explain that one to the wife either... Plus Id rather spend less and take a nice vacation.. which is what Im planning on doing.. The watch is for my 1st year anniversary being a married man.

I so far have checked out a couple Planet Ocean's

Was hoping anyone with an Omega could post up what they have a pic if you have it and what you may suggest ...

Also if you know of a great place to buy.. I figure online would be better than a standard brick and mortar shop.

Budget is going to stay at a Firm 5k.. Im ok with buying pre-owned as well as long as its in top tier condition.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmega4 View Post
Ok so update..

Don't get me wrong.. Still love Omega's but after reviewing Price points a little more I started looking and comparing Rolex's

Didn't want anything over the top Flashy but fell in love with the new Explorer II

after showing my wife she fell in love with it but wanted a watch as well..

She fell in love with the Blue Face Milgauss..

Well long story short... decided to bump the budget up and will be picking these up in October for our 1 year anniversary gifts to each other..

the Middle one and and the one on the right
Wow! Holy cost overruns, Batman!

Set budget @ $5K firm --> PO @ ~$3.9K new --> Shows wife --> Milgauss + Exp II @ ~$12 at least (if lucky at a GMS)

Why bother defining a budget, much less a "firm" one?

I don't care what you buy or spend. It's just the story line that makes me laugh.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0