Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3inthecity View Post
I have 2 years with my X5m and let me just tell you I'll never get one again. It drives amazing feels like a train on rails taking turns and is gorgeous but HOLY CRAP DOES THIS THING SOUND LIKE A SCHOOLBUS AT EVERY STOP. I know it may sound like I'm whining but cmon BMW this is a 120k truck it should not be squeaking the way it does. I had pads and rotors replaced twice by dealer and still nothing has changed.

The part that sucks the most is that I love the way it drives but there's no way in hell I'd spend this kind of money on a truck to have people looking around when ever I come to a stop because it sounds like a tribe of school busses are arriving. PLEASE BMW FIX THIS ISSUE
the more performance behind the pad, the more squeal. I didn't realize X5M come with track pads (or close to that). My car squeals when not even braking (track pads contacting rotors, sounds like a freight train coming to a stop lol)

You can just go buy some quieter pads if you really need to.
I am coming from GTR which of course had some squeal but no where near as much as the X5m. And I'm not buying that whole performance car non sense because I've driven a Huracan for a couple days and other higher end cars and never heard the brakes at all. I feel like BMW is just too lazy to develop a solution for this.
Appreciate 0