View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
droidguuuuy1
Rep
Drives: Chevy Tahoe

New X5 40e - LOTS of Glitches/Gremlins

I have already created a thread asking a bunch of questions but i wanted to make a separate one with just these issues i am having so its not a cluster.

I am starting to get a little concerned with all the glitches and gremlins I am seeing, I am going to try to call BMW monday and see if they can check the car and maybe it needs a software update or something.

1) Lane Departure Warning randomly just turns itself off. I notice randomly i am on the highway and its not vibrating the wheel when i am drifting even though there are clear lines on both sides. The safety system light is green, i hit the button and it says lane departure warning is OFF. I turn it on manually and it starts working for a while.... until it stops againd and i have to repeat the process.

2) Forward colision hasnt worked since the first day i had the car..... the very first day i got an alert when i was too close/approaching too fast a car in front. since then it hasnt done it at all even when i purposely (piss people off probably lol) get too close too fast to test it and it just does nothing.

3) Seat belt warning randomly will just stop alerting when i am not wearing it driving. this only happened twice but it seems not right.

4) I have to hit the button twice to life the trunk. both on the remote and the back button. i hit the button once, it pops the trunk only. i hit it again and it lifts all the way. my friend with an x5 says his doesnt require 2 presses.

5) battery life is HORRIBLE. it says estimated 15 miles after i charge it, the battery is dead in less than 3 miles. i do have the heat set to 65F but i pre-condition with it plugged in. i didnt expect a huge amount of miles but less than 3?

Should i be concerned? Are these known glitches that maybe can be fixed with a software update (why didnt they do it before they delivered?)

Thanks.
Appreciate 0