View Single Post
      12-08-2018, 06:10 AM   #4
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

I experience #4 as well on my 2018 (35i); push button once and back opens a few inches, second push of button to lift it fully; however, on the rare occasion, one press and it opens fully. A bit odd, yes, but haven’t yet tried to diagnose or troubleshoot. I recall other posts from members commenting on the fickle nature of the tailgate.

Generally speaking, the various driving systems might be a bit fickle too. Regarding lane assist, mine becomes active once I reach 40 mph, and is indicated by the appearance of two arrows pointing inward between the vertical lines on the instrument cluster (lousy description, I know!). Now, if the sensors can’t pick-up the lane markings, the arrows may not appear. For example, part of my drive is in a rural area, and the sensors can only pick up one lane marking - as indicated by only one arrow appearing. Again, while my description may be a bit lacking, want to convey that it may be less of an issue with your Lane Departure Warning, and instead more of an issue with road conditions.
Appreciate 0