12-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #5
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineX View Post
In the Mercedes world, they are illuminated at stop and go incognito once you start rolling, illuminating red when you have blind spot activity.

BMW starts just off and turns incognito on at around 30mph,illuminating orange when you have blind spot activity

All intelligent safety is supposed to start on by default until you turn it off.

OK, so cycled everything off then all back in and finally got a quick light once. #1 - these things are VERY faint compared to my Fords. I don't think I could see them at all during the day. is that right?

#2 they are not always on when something is in my blind spot like my Ford, is that right? On the Highway I was passing 3 cars in a row in the left lane. First car I pass (rear in the chain) light comes on for just 1-2 seconds and that car in in the blind spot window then goes out and never comes on again. in my Ford it would have stayed on the entire time till I cleared the 3 cars. Maybe it does not work like that?

I passed a few rigs and it never came on at all. I slowed down next to one and paced it, and nothing. then I turned on my right blinker and the wheel vibrated immediately and the light started flashing so it could tell it was there apparently. Car is spotless, so no snow or anything blocking it.

Very, very weird. About the only thing I have been disappointed with so far.