12-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #18
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineX View Post
This system functions with correct usage of blinkers. Blinkers on mean you do not get lane departure rumble. I do believe that the blind spot warning is more sensitive when your blinker is activated than without. This stuff is basically standard equip on Toyota and Honda vehicles for 2019.

LOL it was in my 2012 Ford Explorer as well, it just works differently is all. When I stupidly expected it to work like my other cars, it seemed to not be working, but now that it has been explained to me it seems to be working correctly. I found a few things out today.....

#1 - when driving in the right hand lane, overtaking traffic sets it off 100% of the time as it should.

#2 - even when it is not lit up, hitting the blinker will trigger it 100% of the time

#3 - it appears much brighter during the day, but still not Bright enough that I see it in my side vision well. But if looking at my mirrors as I should, I see it easily.

#4 - driving slow enough to allow people to pass me is excruciating!!!!!

So all is well. Thanks for the explanation all. Just cruising this forum before I bought it showed me a TON of things it would have taken me a year to stumble up on myself even being the manual reading weenie I am. After 24 hours with it I am pretty happy with it so far. Thanks for all the knowledge.