01-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #43
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
This dickhead sticker was on my windshield. Guess bmw isn't messing around with their "Warranty" and my radar will screw up their electrical system

Not sure how I feel about this. One hand warranty is needed that's why I bought a new car. Second even though by law we are protected to run aftermarket parts and equipment I feel like even without explanation the dealers can now void the warranty because it was wired into their cars electrical system. Only way around this is to put an aux battery in the boot for the radar lol
If you read this overtly pessimistically it's also saying that using your cellphone inside your car could cause electrical problems or void your warranty ;p

It's fair for them to say "If you do something that damages the vehicle, don't expect us to fix it for free under warranty". However, they have to reasonably prove that you caused the damage, *and* they can't void the entire warranty (e.g. if you splice a wire badly, short out the mirror assembly, they can refuse to fix that for free but if your transmission has a leak they still have to cover that).

Ultimately I've found BMW to be extremely reasonable - more so than other brands I've owned. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you're sensible
Appreciate 0