View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #107
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Why not? There are hundreds of entire websites for people who are passionate about both of those things. Look up videos of people doing unboxing reviews on fake Jordan shoes, watches, etc. Read the comments. You'll find folks who are excited by the intricacy of the reproduction, and those who want to deceive their friends too. It's important to distinguish between these types of people.
I actually agree with the why not part... Since it's subjective. I have a homeless guy on my corner who collects news papers. He has a shopping cart full of them so who am I to judge him, right? I don't because there is nothing ethically or morally wrong with what he does.

Counterfeit good such as watches, designer handbags and shoes do bother me. People who make them and people that buy them have no respect for the hard work of others who designed them and manufacture them nor for the laws that protect them.

I used to wonder why a company like Tiffany's was always on a rampage in NYC going after the small vendors selling fakes... It hardly makes a dent in their bottom line and I saw it as a victimless crime. In fact, they spend more on pursuing these people than they lose in potential revenue. But as I continued to think about it, i realized how much it cheapens the brand and floods the market with fakes and makes it less special for the people that do earn the money for the real article when they see everyone and their mother wearing fakes. I see it everyday in NYC: there are more "Chanel" bags in the arms of women in NYC than Chanel actually makes. So you may or may not agree with my opinion or the price of some of these products but I respect the law and the trademarks, copyrights, and patents it protects
Appreciate 0